Do’s & Don’ts
- Choose a Forum
Starting page listing all forums
AutoCAD, LT, Raster Design, AutoCAD on Mac, AutoCAD WS
Architectural, MEP & Structural in AutoCAD and Revit flavors and QTO
Inventor, Electric, and Mechanical
Civil 3D, Survey & GIS
Map 3D and MapGuide
FMDesktop and all your FM issues
3D and Visualization
3ds Max, Combustion, MudBox and more for Media and Entertainment
Standards, Networking, Hardware and BIM.
Vault and Productstream
From AutoLISP to VBA, code it here.
From the city to the country, go local here.
This is where you can work with and on the organization. Feedback, Non CAD Topics and more.
- Review all Forum Announcements.
- Before posting to the Forum, make an effort to search our Forums for the answer first. Frequently, you are not the first to encounter a problem and chances are good that you will be able to find an answer that has already been posted.
- Before posting to the Forum, make an effort to qualify a problem by duplicating it. One occurrence may not necessarily indicate a problem with the software or operating system. If you cannot duplicate it, it may have been a simple operator error.
- Provide a short but catchy description of the issue you are posting in the Subject field of the message. Simply typing "Question" will reduce your responses.
- If you can, be prepared to describe the conditions associated with your problem, such as Autodesk product version (Release), command or process that causes it. In some cases you may be asked to provide more technical information about your computer such as operating system, processor type, amount of RAM, available disc space etc.. If you do not know these, please ask for help. Forum members are more than happy to show you how to get this information, and you will learn more about your hardware in the process.
- Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at the categories and forums provided as well as previously posted topics to help determine where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator.
- Do not post messages that are inflammatory, non-constructive, or at odds with the aims of AUGI and its Forums.
- Do not post messages that contain offensive language or references or personal attacks against other AUGI members.
- Do not post non-constructive messages about AUGI or its programs and services. If there is something you do not like, please suggest a solution or course of action to remedy the situation. Feel free to post your ideas and concerns in the Forum Feedback or Site Feedback Sub-Forums or E-mail the Forum Manager directly.
- Do not mistake our Forums for your personal soap box. The Forums are designed as a communication tool to assist our members in solving problems and becoming more productive in their use of Autodesk products.
- Do not impersonate another member within these forums, in any mode of communication, it is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
- Do not post the same question to more than one forum at a time (be it to the same forum or separate forums). The term for this is "Multiple-Forum Posting" which can be quite confusing and will complicate the Forum process. All but one of the posts will be deleted by a Moderator.
- Do not add the Forum or any Forum member's address to any mailing list.
- Do not use addresses obtained from a Forum message for any personal or business mailing.
- Do not argue a Moderators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a Moderator must first be addressed to the Moderator in question via PM. If the problem cannot be resolved, then the Moderator and member must send their positions to the Forum Manager. The Forum Manager will make or change any and/or all final decisions after consultation with AUGI's Board of Directors.
- Do not post any job descriptions or resumes in messages to the general Forums. Please use the Careers website for this purpose.
- Do not post any form of advertising or self promotional material or links to them within the Forums. We realize there is a slight grey area where it may be necessary to do so to provide technical solutions. We also recognize blatant self promotion. To advertise on AUGI, please contact the AUGIWorld Magazine or AUGI HotNews staff.
- Posts that infringe any of the above guidelines will be deleted or moved accordingly, by a Moderator without notice.