AUGIWorld October 2019 Issue
Customization: A Little or a Lot
Nearly every user of an Autodesk product performs some degree of customization. Here, in the
October 2019 issue of AUGIWorld, our authors tackle a wide array of customization how-tos:
from colors in 3ds Max and 3D Views in Revit Structure, to the use of Dynamo for AutoCAD
Civil 3D customization. Dig in!
In the October 2019 issue:
- Customizing Interface Colors – Brian Chapman with a tutorial on changing the colors within
the 3ds Max interface as well as the ribbon.
- Tradition(ish) Elevation Markers: Share | Load | Use – Jay B. Zallan advises those who use
OOTB elevation markers in Revit to check out modified ones and, as the title recommends,
share, load, and use.
- Developing a Strategic Plan, Part One – Mark Kiker forecasts your professional life—with a
Strategic Plan and without one. Once you’re on board (and it shouldn’t take long), he shows you
how to get started.
- Introduction to Dynamo for Customization – Brian Chapman dives into Dynamo for
customizing in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Revit API Starter Kit – David Raynor presents a starter kit for programming. Dynamo figures
in, as do Macros and Add-ins.
- Creating Customized 3D Views for Project Coordination – Michael Hopple with tips for
creating 3D views for internal and external coordination inside Revit Structure.
- Controlling Your Calculations in AutoCAD – Sam Lucido explores the calculator
functionality within AutoCAD to the fullest. Learn the basics (and beyond) of QuickCalc and the
- Inside Track – Brian Andresen presents new and enhanced AEC-related products. This month:
Kreo plug-in for export/import of Revit models to Kreo, a cloud-based bid pricing solution; Hilti
BIM/CAD Library for integrating models of Hilti objects into your project design; SteelGen,
which allows quick pipe creation inside AutoCAD; Scope Box Purge, for finding and purging
unused Scope Boxes in Revit; and Unhide Elements in View, which allows for the quick
identification of hidden elements in the active view.