AUGIWORLD July 2023 Issue
WANT THIS ISSUE?Join AUGI Today
3rd Party Apps
It’s officially July, and here at AUGIWORLD, that means it’s time for you to get some valuable knowledge, quick time-saving hacks for the BIM/CAD world, and so much insight on some new 3rd party apps you never knew about!
Read this month’s issue at AUGI, take some helpful notes, and enjoy!
In the July 2023 issue:
- CAD Standards: Company Culture and the Hybrid Work Environment — Mark Behrens' explains how the challenges facing today’s hybrid working environment are many, and why a company needs a well-established corporate culture to avoid challenges in daily operations.
- Criticism and its Motivation — Mark Kiker takes a look at what might be motivating the critic to pick at your plans and attached some reasons that might motivate folks to respond with negative feedback.
- Majenta BIM Pulse: Guiding You Through the Digital Construction Landscape—Data Centers — Jack Stevens explores why the UK is an attractive location for data center construction. He looks at the companies involved, the annual value of investments, and how a digital construction BIM business can assist owner-operators.
- Speckle: The Only Open Source Solution For 3D Data — Senda Ben Abdallah introduces the only open source solution that aims to democratize 3D data for all and shift the power balance in our favor: Speckle.
- Mechanisms & Mentorship: 50 years of CAD Engineering Management — Rafael Testai takes a look behind the scenes to see how a hand-picked engineer has designed one of their mechanisms in granular detail. Rafael “opens the hood” to analyze their CAD design and thought process behind the solution.
- What’s the Point of Artificial Intelligence in BricsCAD® BIM? — Wouter Nys deep dives into that exact question and outlines six key processes in the design phase of a typical construction or refurbishment project.
- AutoCAD and BricsCAD—Competitors or Companions? — Jim Coppinger talks about two systems that he thinks work wonderfully together, side-by-side in the same office environment: AutoCAD and BricsCAD.
- BIM-to-CAD Workflow Evolves with Automated DWG Drawings — Cyrena Respini-Irwin influences us about the rise and positives and negatives of BIM & CAD, as well as how ARES Commander 2024 can generate smart 2D DWG drawings from Revit or IFC BIM projects automatically, transforming a time-consuming task into a one-click process.
- Revit and Grasshopper Integration: Expanding Design Possibilities — Micheal Angelo delves into the benefits of integrating Grasshopper into Revit and how it expands design capabilities.
- Overtur for Revit Plugin Premium Tools: Not just for openings! — Brad Brown informs you about everything you need to know involving Overtur, and how now with Overtur, all stakeholders can work with peace of mind, knowing that pushing information onto the platform ensures that everyone has access to the data they need.
- Inside Track — Shaun Bryant brings us more opportunities to advance our skills, processes, and workflows in our firms using the most current AEC related software and hardware updates that are available.