AUGIWORLD January 2019 Issue
WANT THIS ISSUE?Join AUGI Today
Take Your Skills to the Next Level
If you went to Autodesk University in November 2018, you likely attended at least one session focused on advanced features in Autodesk products. And if you couldn’t make it to Las Vegas last year, you’ll be pleased to know you can pick up some advanced tips from several articles in the January 2019 issue of AUGIWorld.
Also in this issue, meet Kimberly Fuhrman, AUGI’s new president.
In the January 2019 issue:
- Express Yourself: Using Expressions in Civil 3D — Shawn Herring shows you ways to use expressions to label and analyze Civil 3D models.
- A New Look at Familiar Features — Brian Chapman looks at InfraWorks functionality users may not be aware of. Overlays, Materials, Animations, and Translation are explored.
- Adding a Beam to a Beam Family — Alex Mercado offers a step-by-step for Revit Structure, demonstrating how to add a 2D line directly to the Beam family with the ability to turn it on/off and to offset the beam all within the Family Properties.
- Please, Don’t (Just) Blame the Tech — Kelly Cone takes a critical look at the AEC industry and challenges all involved to be voices for change.
- Advanced Tips for More Realistic Visualization — Brian Chapman presents tips that advanced users of 3ds Max can apply to improve the realism of renderings.
- Eight Questions You Should Be Asking Your Boss — In last month’s issue, Mark Kiker offered questions the boss may ask, and the real meaning behind the questions. This time, you are posing questions to management.
- Exploring Spaces in ACA — Melinda Heavrin walks you through space functionality in AutoCAD Architecture 2019.
- Inside Track — Brian Andresen presents three new AEC-related products. This month: Properties+, a plug-in that permits users to choose the model properties they wish to see, displayed together; Ductulator, a Revit-based duct resizing tool; and Bonus Tools, a collection of 120 apps for Revit.