Tech Manager—CAD/BIM/CAM Educational Offerings
With the pandemic continuing on, education has become virtual for so many students at every level. Remote learning, hybrid, and in person learning have blended in new and creative ways. CAD, BIM and CAM providers have for years offered student software access in many ways.
Here are few ways Autodesk and others are providing educational tools and training to students all over the planet.
Students and educators can get free, one-year educational access to Autodesk products and services which are renewable if you remain eligible. You can confirm your eligibility via their community and educational sites.
Autodesk offers over 48 different software titles to educators and students. You must be a Student, Faculty, Qualified Educational Institution or Other Authorized Education User to access or use an Education Offering, including any Software licensed under an Education License Type or other Education subscription.
Go to this website for more info: https://www.autodesk.com/company/terms-of-use/en/subscription-types#education
There are some limits:
Education Users may only use Education Offerings for the following “Educational Purposes”:
(1) if you are a Qualified Educational Institution, Faculty or Other Authorized Education User, You may access and/or use the Offering solely for purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, or research and development as part of the instructional functions performed by a Qualified Educational Institution or an Other Authorized Education User and…
(2) if you are a Student or an individual Other Authorized Education User, you may access and/or use the Offering solely for purposes directly related to learning, training, or research. You may not access or use the Offering for commercial, professional, or other for-profit purposes. You may be required to show proof of eligibility if requested by Autodesk.
Students and Faculty may be required to use their own individual Autodesk ID to access and/or use certain Offerings.
Autodesk may require you to verify your eligibility to use Education Offerings as a condition to access or continued access to any Education Offering. Your entitlement to use the eligible Education Offerings, commences when we grant you access and ends upon the earlier of (i) the expiration of the term Autodesk specifies for the Education Offering or, if no term is specified, one (1) year thereafter, (ii) the date You no longer qualify to use Education Offerings, (iii) the date Autodesk discontinues the Education Offering, or (iv) upon notice from Autodesk that it is ending Your Education Offering access.
Output and other data created with Education Offerings may contain certain notices and limitations that make the Output and other data usable only in certain circumstances (e.g., only in the education field). In addition, you agree to not remove, alter, or obscure any such notices or limitations.
If your Education Offering is described as “Education single-user,” then you are the Authorized User and you may not assign your subscription to any other person. You must log in using your Autodesk ID to install and/or access each Education Offering, and no one else may access and/or use such Education Offerings using the same Autodesk ID.
You may install Software on up to three (3) Devices; however, you may only use the Software on one (1) Device at a time.
Likewise, for a Collection, you may install the Software titles in a Collection collectively on up to three (3) Devices. You may simultaneously use any Software titles in the Collection, provided that any such use is only on one (1) Device at a time.
Autodesk Design Academy – for educators
Take a course or get educational resources and instructional material to help you thrive through an ever-changing skills landscape. Access free resources to support your syllabus. Download projects, lesson plans, and datasets created by Autodesk to incorporate into your classroom.
Get teaching resources so you can move beyond the classroom. Broaden your skill set with free self-paced courses and other learning materials. Distance learning resources for educators. When in-person learning is not possible, Autodesk Design Academy supports educators with free distance learning opportunities. Download projects, lesson plans, and datasets to incorporate Autodesk software into your classroom.
Take a course - Get prepped with a free course, then get certified online. Enhance your resume, validate your skills, and prepare for the future of work by earning an industry-recognized certification.
From 15 minutes to over 20 hours of courses
You need an Autodesk Education Account.
To create an Autodesk Account and obtain education access to Autodesk software and services:
- Verify you qualify for free educational access to Autodesk products and services.
- Visit the Free software page on the Autodesk Education Community and select the Autodesk software product you would like to download.
- Click Create Account on the product download page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account and confirm your eligibility.
- You will be prompted to confirm your school and may be asked to provide additional documentation as proof of enrollment or employment at a qualified educational institution. For more information, check out the FAQ.
- If you already have an Autodesk account, simply sign into your account and complete your education profile. You will then be required to confirm your eligibility.
- Return to the Autodesk Education Community and access your chosen software.
Other Vendors: (from their websites)
Through the Bentley Institute, you can take advantage of a variety of tools and resources in the Academic Program. We are committed to help prepare students for tomorrow's infrastructure workforce, so you can learn the same powerful applications that are in use by infrastructure professionals today. The STUDENT server provides you with a variety of academic resources. Register today and gain access to free software licenses, online learning, community forums, and more.
Ready to get started?
- If you are an educator, contact Bentley for an Academic SELECT Subscription so that you can take full advantage of the resources both in your classrooms and on the STUDENTserver.
- If you are a student, request your School Code from your professor or academic advisor.
- Log in to the Bentley STUDENTserver and download software within minutes. Choose from the wide range of applications included in the Academic SELECT Software Portfolio.
- If you don't have a code available, contact us and we will respond as soon as possible to get you connected.
Esri offers special licensing terms and pricing to qualified educational institutions and individuals for use in learning, scholarly research, and the administration of these institutions. The ArcGIS for Schools Bundle is free to primary and secondary schools.
SOLIDWORKS Education Edition Software
The complete CAD teaching tool. Featuring software plus a full curriculum and interactive courseware, SOLIDWORKS Education Edition is your all-inclusive resource for teaching 3D mechanical CAD, design validation, and data management.
Students and schools get BricsCAD for free - https://www.bricsys.com/en-eu/academic/
Students, faculty, instructors, and schools can get a year of BricsCAD for free. Renew your free license for as long as you are enrolled.
We offer free access to GRAPHISOFT products – available globally to students, teachers, and educational institutions.
SketchUp for Schools
https://www.sketchup.com/plans-and-pricing#for-higher-education – discount for Higher Ed
Browser-based SketchUp for Primary and Secondary schools signed up with G Suite for Education or Microsoft Education.
So many ways for students at all levels to get access to software titles that prepare them for the workforce, expand their horizons and spark their design creativity. Educators gain access to software and curricular tools that help their students achieve more. Get it today!