Quick Tip: Editing Quick Properties Content
Rollover Tips are great (see AUGIWorld October 2012 for editing tips), but if you need to change a property of the selected object(s), simply customize the Quick Properties content. This is another tidbit I shared in my Autodesk University lab last month on how to add Background Mask to the Quick Properties content of Mtext.
How to Add a Background Mask Toggle to Quick Properties
- Click on any Mtext, then click Quick Properties on the Status bar.
- Click the Customize button in the top right corner to open the CUI, displaying three vertical panels. [In the middle section, Mtext is already highlighted.]
- In the Properties section on the right, check the box for Background Mask.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the CUI.
- Click an Mtext object, then click the Background mask option in Quick Properties.
- Click the ellipses button to open the Background Mask dialog box.
- Check the box for Use Background Mask as well as the box for Use Drawing Background Color, as shown in the figure.
- Click OK to close the Background Mask dialog box, then close Quick Properties.
When you move the text on top of another object, you see the mask effect.