Letter From The President - October 2013
Hello there AUGI member!
Are you ready to learn what has been happening? Well I’m ready to tell you! Let’s go!
- First up is the recent AUGIWorld issue for Salary Survey, it was a very popular issue with over 117k readers! We have two more issues for the year to do, stay tuned!
- The website login project is complete and operational! If you have trouble logging in or staying logged in, “toss your cookies” and try again. The website and forum sessions should stay in sync pretty well now.
- The next website development project is affectionately called the AUGI Resource Guide. A fairly typical type of resource index and searching environment. Need a software or hardware solution to a problem? This will be the place to find the answer!
- Another project to begin soon is an updating of the forum software we use, vBulletin. We have seen a spike in efforts to use weaknesses in our current version so we will be updating to the latest v4 available. Version 5 of vB is actually not ready for prime time.
- We also will begin planning a membership demographic update program. This will provide automated reminder emails to members to fix their information in their account.
- On the Board of Director front, recently Kate Morrical has joined the Board to fill an empty seal.
- Meanwhile Vice President Bob Bell is chairing the Nomination and Election commission. The nomination period is actually open at this time. Only serious volunteers need apply. http://www.augi.com/about-augi/organization/board-of-directors/nominations/
- The 2013 AUGI Wish List submission window is open! Got a great idea? Go submit it! www.augi.com/wishlist
- And AU2013 is right around the corner? If you are attending look for an email soon where you can let other AUGI members know!
And with that I’m out (and very busy planning AUGI at AUGI!)