Autodesk University 2010 is coming sooner than you think. Registration is open and you can sign up now. Selecting classes is easy and there are plenty to choose from.
Here are AUGI's Top 10 reasons to attend AU 2010:
- Learn - Learn - Learn from AUGI members. Did you know that almost 70 percent of the presenters at AU are AUGI members? True - there are more of your AUGI community voices being heard at AU than any other group. Each and every class is packed with practical, proven advice and demonstrations. No other event (other than a local AUGI CAD Camp) can provide access to this level of teaching in such a concentrated manner.
- The AUGI Annual Meeting. So many members in one place at one time. It is the largest user group meeting of the year. No other community sticks together like AUGI and we need you to be there. We will present the Wish List results to Autodesk and unveil AUGI’s future plans.
- The AUGI Beer Bust. Food, fun, and foam. This annual event is your prime opportunity to mix with others, see the exhibit hall, and knock back a couple of brews. Get your souvenir beer mug - a perennial collector’s item. And you can only get it at AU.
- 2010 Top DAUG Contest. Show your stuff and win prizes. Some are put off by competitions and others embrace them. Even if you don't think you can win, you should join the fun. You'd be surprised at how close these contests are. A fine line separates the top spots. (What line weight would that be?)
- Networking. Meet up with old friends and make new ones. Meet at the AUGI booth on the show floor - that's always a hub of activity. So make a bee line for the booth!
- AUGI Day. You have collected a lot of AUGI wear over the years. Now is your chance to show it off. And get more! There will be prizes, giveaways, swag, and more. But you need to come to AU to get it.
- Get Connected. Matching faces to names, aliases, and avatars. Ever wonder who "CADKitty" is? Who is the Forum Poet? Chat with Opie? Could you pick Steve Bennett out of a crowd? Rubbed elbows with "CADMama" lately? Shaken hands with members of the AUGI Board of Directors? Have you hung out with AUGI members from Brazil or the UK? Have you met face to face with any of those folks who have helped you out in the forums? Now is your chance to meet them all.
- Las Vegas - the happening hot spot. Your AU registration fee includes hotel - you can’t beat that. Plus, nearly all your food and entertainment is taken care of during the event.
- Talk directly to Autodesk. This is your chance to voice your vision of the future in your tool of choice. Only at AU can you share the same space with product managers, developers, and executives from Autodesk.
- All AUGI - all Autodesk - all the time. It has been said that the best way to learn a foreign language is to be immersed in the surroundings, the language, and the customs of the chosen culture. There is no better place to be immersed in the AUGI and Autodesk culture than at Autodesk University. It is a non-stop, almost 24 hours a day (you can sleep if you want to) saturation of tips, trick, tools, and technology that you need to learn.
Register today at http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=au2010_event
And if you simply can't make the trip this year, go to AU Virtual.